Turon is a snack in the Philippines, also known as deep-fried banana. Best eaten as a dessert with ice cream or snack
Deep fried banana with jackfruit and sugar.
- 5 banana plantain, cut in half – lengthwise
- 1 cup jackfruit sliced
- 1 1/2 cup sugar brown
- 10 lumpia wrapper
- On a plate, pour sugar and roll the banana in sugar. Evenly coat.
- Place the banana 1/4 down the lumpia wrapper. Add jackfruit along the banana.
- Roll and fold the lumpia. Use water to seal the edge.Optional: Roll the finished lumpia in the sugar.
- In a pan, heat oil. Deep fry lumpia until golden brown.
- Remove from pan. Drain excess oil. Drizzle some sugar.
You can as many or as little sugar as you want. If you want sweet, wet the wrapper with some water then roll it in sugar.
Please follow and like us: