Tinolang manok is a classic Filipino chicken soup and one of the easiset soup to make.
Chicken tinola is classic chicken soup.
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- ginger thinly sliced
- 1 whole chicken cut into bite size
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 5 cups water
- 1 green papaya wedge cut
- 1-2 pack dahon ng sili or pepper leaves
- In a pot, saute onion, garlic and ginger.
- Add chicken. Stirring occasionally until chicken turns to light brown.
- Add water and fish sauce. Bring to boil. Remove scum. Occasionally stir.
- Turn heat to low. Cover. Simmer for 30-35 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Add papaya. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt/pepper.
- Add pepper leaves.
You can add malunggay leaves.