A chicken soup that is perfect on a rainy/cold days.
Chicken soup with macaroni
- 1 lb chicken
- 1/2 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 celery diced
- 1 onion minced
- 1 carrot diced
- 3-4 cup chicken broth
- 6-8 cup water
- 1- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- vienna sausage optional – sliced
- In a pot, add water. Add chicken. Boil until tender. Remove scum
- Once chicken is tender, remove chicken and set aside. Once cool, shred or cut the chicken into pieces
- Using a strainer, pour the chicken broth into a bowl.
- With a new pot, add oil and butter. Saute onion, carrots and celery. Once onion is softened, add chicken. Mix.
- Pour in chicken broth. Stir and let boil. Simmer for 20 mins.
- Add elbow macaroni. Cook for 15 mins. Add water, if needed.
- Pour milk. Stir. Let boil.
- Season with salt/pepper.
Please follow and like us: