Filipino sour soup that is popular in the Philippines. This recipe uses shrimp as the main ingredient. It is best served during cold weather or if you’re under the weather.
Sinigang na Hipon
Shrimp based sour soup.
- 1 lb shrimp with head
- 1 sinigang mix
- 1 bunch kangkong
- 5 okra
- 2 eggplant sliced
- 1 radish sliced
- 1 tomato quartered
- 3 siling mahaba long green pepper chili
- 1 onion quartered
- In a pot, boil water. Add onion, tomato and radish. Let boil.
- Add sinigang mix. Stir until it dilutes.
- Add chilis, okra and eggplant. Stir.
- Add shrimp and kangkong. Cover. Cook for 3 minutes.
Clean and de-vein the shrimp. Cook the shrimp last. Do not overcook. Overcooking the shrimp will make the shell stick to the meat.