Sinigang is a sour soup from the Philippines. Sinigang can be paired with pork, beef, shrimp and fish as a main ingredient but today we will be using pork.
- 2 lbs pork pork belly
- 1 bunch spinach kang kong
- 1 bunch string beans sitaw
- 1 onion
- 2 taro gabi
- 1 sinigang mix
- 2 tomatoes
- 2-3 tbspn fish sauce
- 2 quartz water
- 3 siling mahaba optional
- Saute onion until layers separate. Add pork belly until light brown.
- Add fish sauce. Stir
- Pour water into the pot. Let it boil.
- Add taro and tomatoes. Let it simmer until pork is tender.
- Add sinigang mix and sili. Add the rest of the vegetables. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
You can add whatever vegetables you want, but don’t over do it.