This is my favorite shrimp recipe. I’m not fond of Boiling Crab but this recipe hits the spot.
This is best eaten with hands. Wash your hands and dig in, it will be messy. You might want to add some white rice and dip the shrimp with spicy vinegar. Yum!
Cajun Shrimp – The Whole Shabang
- 5 lbs shrimp head on, and with shell
- 2 lemons
- 3 head garlic minced
- 3-4 sticks unsalted butter
- 3.5 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 2.5 tbsp paprika
- 2.5 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 2.5 tbsp lemon pepper
- 2.5 tbsp hot sauce
- 2.5 tbsp sugar
- 2-3 corn halved
- 2-3 sausage sliced diagonally
- 3 limes wedged
- 3 small potatoes quartered
- In a large pot, fill with water and add 1 lemon (halves) and bring to boil.
- In a bowl, combine Old Bay Seasoning, paprika, cayenne pepper, lemon pepper. Mix.
- In a large pan, add butter and melt it over medium heat. Add garlic and the spices. Add your hot sauce and sugar. Bring heat to low and let it simmer.
- In the boiling pot, add the corn, sausage and potatoes. Once cooked, put it into a bowl and drain on paper towel.
- In the pot, cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes. Do it in batches.
- In the pan with the spices and butter, add the shrimp. Mix. Add the corn, potatoes and sausages.