Simple and easy refried beans recipe.
- 2 tbsp oil canola
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 (15 oz) cans pinto beans
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 lime
- In a heavy skillet, over medium heat, add oil.
- Cook garlic until brown.
- Add pinto beans, cumin, chili powder and salt. Cook until beans are heated. Stir occasionally.
- Mash beans with a potato masher or form to desired texture.
- Squeeze lime juice. Stir.
I like my refried beans with a little bit of “juice”. You can garnish your beans however you want.