One of the popular Filipino dish besides Adobo is Menudo. Menudo can be seen on every occasions. There are couple variety on how to cook Menudo, in this recipe I’ll show you how I cook my Menudo.
- 2 lbs pork bite-sized
- 2 potatoes cubed
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 pc lemon or calamansi (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 stick celery bite-sized
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 4 pcs hotdog or 1 can vienna sausage
- 2 bay leaves dried
- In a bowl, combine pork, soy sauce and lemon and marinate for at least 1 hr.
- In a large pan, saute onion and garlic.
- Add marinated pork into the pan and cook for 5 minutes until light brown.
- Add tomato sauce and water. Stir. Add bay leaves. Let boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until pork is tender.You might have to add water.
- Add in your hotdog or sausage. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots and celery. Season with salt/pepper. Stir and let cook for another 10 minutes.