Pork Afritada is pork stew with carrots, potatoes and bell peppers rich in tomato.
Classic Filipino Pork stew dish.
- 2 potatoes cubed
- 2 carrots cubed
- 1/2 green bell pepper cubed
- 1/2 red bell pepper cubed
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 lbs pork butt/belly cubed
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- In a pan, over medium heat. Saute onions and garlic.
- Add pork and cook until lightly brown. Add fish sauce. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste and water. Bring to boil. Add carrots. Lower heat, cover. Simmer for 45 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add potatoes and red/green bell peppers.
- Season with salt/pepper.