Pinakbet is a vegetable dish composed with variety of vegetables.
Filipino dish composed of variety of vegetables with pork belly
- 1 lb pork belly
- 1 bunch sitaw (string beans) cut into 2 inches
- 1/2 piece squash cubed
- 12 okra
- 2 eggplant sliced into 2 inches
- 2 bittermelon sliced into 2 inches
- 1 yam cubed
- 2 tomato cubed
- 1 ginger thinly sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tsp bagoong
- 2 1/2 cup water
- In a pan, cook pork belly until light brown. Set aside.
- In a pot, saute onion and garlic. Add ginger and cook until onion soften.
- Add pork belly. Stir and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Add water. Let boil. Cover and cook for 20 mins in medium heat.
- Add tomato and bagoong. Stir. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add squash and yam. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add string beans, okra, bittermelon and eggplant. Cover and cook for about 5 mins.
- Season with salt/pepper.
You can substitute pork belly to whatever meat you want.
Please follow and like us: