Pandesal is the most popular bread in the Philippines. Pandesal is best during breakfast.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 5 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup fresh milk warm
- 1 pack rapid rise yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- In a bowl, combine yeast, sugar and milk. Stir until the sugar dissolved and yeast starts to bubble.
- In an another bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix well.
- Slowly add the egg, butter, oil and yeast mixture in the bowl. Mix until a dough is formed. Use hands to completely mix the ingredients.
- In a flat surface, sprinkle some flour and knead the dough until the texture becomes fine.
- Mold the dough until round and put back in the bowl. Cover with damp cloth and let the dough rise for at least 1 hour.
- After the dough rise, place it in the flat surface and divide into small equal parts
- Roll each dough.
- Roll the rounded dough into breadcrumbs and place into a baking tray with wax paper. Leave the dough and let it rise for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Put the tray with the rounded dough in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn off oven. Remove baked pandesal.
Please follow and like us: