Pansit Guisado or Pansit Bihon is a noodle dish that is popular during fiesta, holidays and/or birthdays.
I’ve been eating pancit guisado or pancit bihon since I was a kid but never tried to make it until years later.
This dish is perfect for birthdays as there is a superstitions that it makes your life longer.
- 1 lb bihon rice noodles
- 1/2 lb pork thinly slice
- 1/2 lb chicken thinly slice
- 1/2 lb shrimp deveined
- 1 cup carrot thinly slice
- 1/2 cabbage chopped
- 1 cup celery finely chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 pc chicken cube
- 1/2 cup pea pods
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 cups water
- calamansi lemon/lime wedge
- Soak pancit bihon for about 10 minutes.
- In a pot, saute garlic and onion.
- Add shrimp, pork and chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken cube and water and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Put carrots, cabbage, celery and pea pods. Simmer.
- Remove the ingredients from the pot into a bowl. Set aside.
- In the pot with the liquids, add soy sauce. Mix well.
- Add the soaked pancit bihon. Mix well. Cook until liquid evaporates.
- Put back the removed meat and vegetables. Simmer.