Went to a party and took home lechon? Well, I have a recipe for that lechon.
Paksiw na Lechon is usually the recipe after there’s leftover lechon from any occasion, it’s easy to make!
Paksiw na Lechon
Made with chopped roast pork stewed in vinegar and spices.
- 1 onion thinly slice
- 1 head garlic minced
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups lechon sauce mang tomas
- 3/4 cup sugar brown
- 3 lbs lechon bite-size
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp peppercorn
- In a pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook onions and garlic until soft.
- Add lechon sauce and sugar. Stir.
- Add your pork, peppercorn and bay leaves
- Lower heat. Cover. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender. Add water as needed.
- Season with salt/pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes until sauce is slightly thickened.