A Filipino dish where fish is cooked in vinegar.
Paksiw is a cooking method where the meat/fish is simmered in vinegar. There are multiple “paksiw” dishes such as paksiw na baboy, lechon paksiw. They all contain vinegar.
Paksiw na Isda
- 1 fish any fish will work
- 1/2 thumb ginger thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggplants sliced diagonally
- 2 bitter gourd sliced diagonally
- 1 onion sliced
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 tbsp peppercorn
- 2 siling mahaba long green chilis
- In a pot, mix vinegar, water, garlic, ginger, peppercorn. Bring to boil.
- When it's boiling, add fish, eggplant, onions, chilis and bitter gourd. Cover. Turn heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.