Maja Blanca is a dessert made from coconut milk, cornstarch and sugar. However, in this recipe we will include sweet kernel corn.
This dessert is perfect during the Holiday season.
Creamy coconut Filipino dessert.
- 28 oz coconut milk 2 14oz
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 14 oz condensed milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 15 oz sweet corn
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups coconut cream
- In a pan, add coconut cream. Bring to boil. Occasionally stirring until liquid starts to thicken. Lower heat. Simmer.Oil will start to separate. Regularly stir. Cook until curds turn to golden brown. Drain latik from the oil
- Using the separated latik oil (coconut oil), brush baking dish with the coconut oil.
- In a large pot, combine coconut milk, evaporated milk, condensed milk and sugar. Stir until well blended and sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil in a medium heat. Continuously stir.
- Add corn and cook for 2-3 minutes
- In a bowl, combine water and cornstarch. Stir until cornstarch dissolved.
- Gently add cornstarch mixture into the milk mixture in the pan. Mix well to prevent lumps. Whisk continuously until mixture thickens to a paste.
- Transfer thicken mixture into baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2hrs or until cool.
- Brush top with coconut oil and sprinkle latik on top.