Lechon Kawali is deep fried pork belly. No, Lechon Kawali is not a lechon.
Crispy fried Pork Belly
- 2 lbs pork belly
- pepper corn
- 5 pcs dried bay leaves
- 5 cups water
- In a pot. Boil water.
- Add the pork belly and add salt, pepper corn and dried bay leaves. Boil for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from pot and let cool. Pat dry.
- Spread salt evenly on the pork belly.
- In another pot, heat oil.
- Deep fry pork belly skin side first. Fry until both side is golden brown.
- Remove the meat from the pot and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Slice. Serve.