A popular street food in the Philippines. It is quail egg dipped with orange batter. This recipe is used by street vendors.
Popular street food in the Philippines
- 12 quail eggs
- 1 cup flour
- food coloring red and yellow
- In a pot of water, cook the eggs by boiling for about 10 minutes.
- Remove egg from the pot and peel the shells once cooled.
- In a bowl, add flour and water. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to season.
- Add both food coloring until you get orange batter.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add eggs into your orange batter.
- Once the egg is coated, drop it in your hot pan. Cook until golden and crispy.
- Remove from pan, let excess oil drip.