Sinangag or Garlic Fried Rice is prepared for breakfast. It is best for leftover rice from last night’s dinner.
You can have garlic fried rice to any meal of the day: breakfast, lunch and/or dinner.
Garlic Fried Rice – Sinangag
- 4 cups rice leftover rice
- 1-2 head(s) garlic minced
- 1 egg optional
- In a bowl, break rice to separate grains.
- In a pan, low heat, add oil and cook garlic until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Turn up heat to high. Add oil, if needed. Add rice and cook until rice starts to sizzle.. Add garlic to pan. Mix.
- If adding egg, make a hold in the center of the pan. Beat the egg in the pan until turned scrambled. Mix with rice.
- Season with salt/pepper.