One of the popular street food in the Philippines.
Popular street food in the Philippines
- 1 lb squid
- 2 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 pcs calamansi
- Clean the squid, remove the head, ink sacs, tentacles and outer skin. Do not cut.
- Slice squid into 1/2 inch rings. Marinate with calamansi juice.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. In a separate bowl, pour the flour.
- Dip the squid in eggs, then coat it with flour.
- In a pot, heat oil. Fry squid rings until they turn golden yellow. Do not over cook as it will make it chewy.
- Once cooked, drain excess oil and drain on paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
You can substitute lemon/lime for calamansi.