Binagoongan is a dish cooked with pork belly and with shrimp paste.
Pork belly cooked with shrimp paste
- 1-2 lbs pork belly cubed
- 2 tomatoes cubed
- 3 cups water
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 4 tbsp bagoong alamang shrimp paste
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tsp sugar granulated
- 1 jalapeno optional
- In a pot, saute onion, garlic and tomato. Once onion is soft, add pork belly. Cook until pork belly turns light brown.
- Add shrimp paste into the pot. Stir. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add vinegar. Stir. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add water. Cover. Let boil. Cook for 40 mins or until pork is tender.
- Season with sugar and salt/pepper. Add jalapeno. Stir.
I like to add chili to make it spicy.