Chicken Arroz Caldo recipe. Perfect for cold weather.
- 1 lb chicken bite-sized
- 1/2 cup glutinous rice
- 1/2 cup rice jasmine
- 7-8 cups chicken broth
- ginger julienne
- 1 onion chopped
- garlic crushed
- fish sauce
- 1/4 cup scallion chopped
- eggs boiled
- garlic toasted
- In a pot, heat oil.
- Sauté onion, garlic and ginger.
- When onion starts to turn soft, put chicken into the pot. Cook until light brown.
- Add both rice. Sauté for 1 min.
- Pour chicken broth. Let boil. Cover. Cook for 30 minutes. Mix occasionally. If necessary, add more chicken broth.
- Add fish sauce and ground pepper to taste. Stir. Cook until desired consistency.
- Transfer into serving bowl. Top with boiled egg, scallion, and roasted garlic.
This is not only perfect for cold weather, it can be eaten for breakfast.
Please follow and like us: